Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Day That I Will Never Forget

A day I will never forget was the day I was driving on a road at about fifty miles per hour. Todd, who was 2 1/2 at the time, got out of his car seat (unfortunately, a fairly common occurence). As I was trying to pull over he was at the car door and was trying to open it! I yelled! I am not a yeller, but I yelled! Todd started to cry. He didn't understand why I was yelling. Didn't I love him? I tried to explain how scared I was and that if he climbed out of a moving car, he would die. He looked at me with his big blue eyes and said, "Mommy, I will be happy because I will be with Heavenly Father. You will be sad but it will be okay."

The thought crossed my mind then and many times since that maybe I would have only have this amazing beautiful boy for a short time, but he when he was gone, those words he spoke would offer me little comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment